Friday 25 January 2013

Polkadoodle Challenge 4 - Monochrome or Monochromatic

Today is like buses - one single blog post all week and then three come along all at once!  My Simply Create Too challenge offering is the post below, and Jellypark will be along shortly, but for now its the turn of Polkadoodles and the theme this week is:

Monochrome or Monochromatic

I've gone way back and used two butterflies from Sugar Birdies which I've then layered onto a larger card blank and the little black scalloped edges are actually lots of heart punches added just so you can see the tops.  I don't have the fancy scalloped edge dies that would have been big enough (I have an old red Sizzix machine which is too small for the Grand Nesties!)  so I have to improvise!

I've seperated each of the layers with foam pads and added a fine line of stickles around the edges.  Also added some half pearls and then black bows from ribbon I found in my stash which I must have had for ages because I can't remember where I got it from!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Dutch Dare:  Winged Things
Pixie Dust Studio:  Anything But Square
Creative Moments:  Neutral Colours
Whimsy Inspiration:  Fancy Edges
Craft Room Challenge:  Monochrome
Shopping Our Stash:  Use Your Oldest Ribbon

Images:  Sugar Birdies cd from Polkadoodles
Punches:  Heart
Everything else:  My stash 

8 comments:

  1. So elegant ! Love them! Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh, these I really love x

    ReplyDelete
  3. just love these! great monchrome card, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those butterflies, Ruth. Elegant creations!
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely. Thank you for sharing with us at Dutch Dare Card Challenges this week.

    Hugs Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty and elegant!
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    Hugs, Alica :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards, lovely shape, thank you for joining us at Creative Moments this fortnight
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!