Thursday 29 November 2012

Number 9

I know that this is not a card so strictly I shouldn't be adding it to A Card A Day blog list, but it is something I've created!!  And I'm determined to blog every day in November and December, just so I know that I CAN do it!!!

Samuel won his 9th trophy of the year on Sunday at Daytona Manchester in the Cadet Inkart Championship.  He finished 3rd in the final race and therefore ended up on the podium and got a trophy!  There are 11 rounds across the Championship and November was the final round.  And he's come 2nd overall in the Championship too and he will be presented with the 2nd place trophy just before Christmas!

So here he is with his trophy - second from the right (the bigger boys are the Juniors!) 

 
He's the youngest on the photo by at least 2 years (he's only just turned 9) and he's the highest placed rookie in the Cadet Championship - 18 months ago he'd never even sat in a kart let alone competed!!

If you want to know a bit more about what he's doing and how he's doing along with Jacob, have a look at their karting blog

I promised him when he got his first trophy back in February that if he got 10 I'd buy a cabinet......... guess who's eating her words now?!!  Me and my big mouth!

5 comments:

  1. Great news Ruth! A very well done to Samuel.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Samuel and what a very proud Mummy moment! Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats again, Ruth! What a proud mommy you must be! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done again Samuel, your going to need a bigger trophy cabinet Ruth.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would just give up your craft space now and have that as a trophy room :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!