Tuesday 26 April 2011

Wedding RSVP

One of my cousins is getting married in September so I've have (so far) three RSVP's to make! And as they all need to be different, I've been looking for some inspiration! This is the first one I've made so far and it follows the Sweet Sketch Wednesday sketch.

The card blank is a lovely felt touch and I've used some off white pearlescent paper for the backing - cut with a Sizzix tag die (I've hidden the holes by layering or with the ribbon!)

The cake is a die cut and I bought a pack of them years ago and they are great for a last minute job! I've added seed beads and then layered it onto the card with 3d foam.

The ribbon is from my stash and matches the colour on the Wedding Invitations, the brad is also from my stash along with the tiny half pearls.

So that's one down, two to go - unless I get requests for any more! And then it will be making the Wedding Cards!

  • Dies: Sizzix Oval Tags
  • Everything else: My stash

8 comments:

  1. Your card is very elegant. I love the white on white. And, the tayored look to your bow is perfect.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple yet elegant - this is a real beauty!!! Thanks so much for playing at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this is gorgeous. Love the simple and clean design. Thanks for sharing and playing along with our sketch at SSW. Be sure to join us next week for our 100 sketch with lots of prizes to be given away.

    Hugs Jackie - SSW DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple gorgeous and elegant! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the simplicity of your card very elegant. Hopefully the bride will keep her reply cards, great colours. Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday this week and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant, especially with it done in all white. Quite clever take on the sketch. Very pretty. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a lovely RSVP car Ruth. I love the cake - it could have been the actual wedding card, would be good to follow up with a similar or matching one for the wedding.

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!