Sunday 3 April 2011

Black, White and Red

It's Mothers Day and I've received two lovely cards from the boys - both made them at school; a large flower that Samuel made with a 'guess who' phrase on each of the petals with the answer under the flower centre (answer is me!) and a little peat pot wrapped in lots of red cellophane from Jacob. I'm hoping the pot will grow - he assures me that there is a seed in it!

So, for my Tiddly Inks card this week which asks for:

Red, White and Black

I've reused some of the red cellophane! I used the second smallest Nesties die and scrunched up different layers, secured with a brad and double sided tape and added it to my card! I've used Promarkers to colour the image plus papers from the Love Love Love download from Funky Hand.


Whilst looking for some black card, I found some random sheets of silver spotty card which I've used to layer the image. Bit of doodling and inking and the card is complete! All the printed card I found in my box of bits - so double recycling for me today!

Happy Birthday too Christy - hope it was a good one!!

  • Image: Tiddly Inks, coloured with Promarkers
  • Papers: Love Love Love download from Funky Hand
  • Red cellophane flower: Recylced from my Mother's Day present
  • Anything else: My stash

10 comments:

  1. Oh Ruth, I really like this card, it's gorgeous. Hope you're having a lovely day. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love this...all the little details are amazing...perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy visiting your blog and hearing abot fmily life and of course seeing all your wonderful cards.. I am always inspired thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card - AND Happy Mothers Day!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg omg omg!! ruth this just totally and utterly rocks hun!!! i adore it all and that flower looks awesome. thank you for getting tiddly with us! hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow another fabulouso card!!! Gorgeous stitching and fabulous coloring!!! I love this - thanks so much for joining us again this week at Tiddly Inks - I so look forward to your wonderful creations!
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is STUNNING!! Thanks so much for playing along at Tiddly Inks this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet sweet card...love your colouring! Thanks for being a Tiddly Inker this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOh this is beautiful, Ruth! gorgeous coloring and I adore that flower! thanks for joining us again this week. always a pleasure seeing your creations. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so fabulous! I love the cellophane flower! So pretty.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!